- 5 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons smooth natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, (see Ingredient note) or white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
TOFU & VEGETABLES
- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu, preferably water-packed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach, (6 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms, (4 ounces)
- 4 scallions, sliced (1 cup)
To prepare sauce: Whisk water, peanut butter, rice vinegar (or white vinegar), soy sauce, honey, ginger and garlic in a small bowl.
To prepare tofu: Drain and rinse tofu; pat dry. Slice the block crosswise into eight 1/2-inch-thick slabs.
Coarsely crumble each slice into smaller, uneven pieces.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat.
Add tofu and cook in a single layer, without stirring, until the pieces begin to turn golden brown on the bottom, about 5 minutes.
Then gently stir and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until all sides are golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes more.
Add spinach, mushrooms, scallions and the peanut sauce and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are just cooked, 1 to 2 minutes more.
14 g fat
2 g sat
15 g carbohydrates
3 g total sugars
12 g protein
4 g fiber
SmartPoints value : 6