SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounce fresh tuna filet ( such as ahi or blue fin tuna) *See option for canned tuna below.
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt, optioal Clean Mayo
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon celery, minced
- 1/4 cup cucumber, diced small
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry dill
- 1 whole avocado
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add tuna filet and sear on each side to golden brown. Tuna should be firm and still slightly pink in the center. Remove from heat at cool.
- Once cool, diced tuna into small cube. Add remaining ingredients, except avocado, and lightly toss. Set aside.
- OPTION: 2 (5 ounce) cans of tuna may be substituted for fresh tuna. Do not sear canned tuna, mix into other ingredients as directed. We recommend Safe Catch brand.
- Leaving peel on the avocado, cut in half, removing the pit. If needed carefully cut a “dent” into the center of each half to create a bowl.
- Divide tuna salad between each half, placing in the center of the avocado bowl. Serve and enjoy!
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 avocado/1/2 cup tuna salad | Calories: 313 | Total Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 536mg | Carbohydrates: 12g | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 25g