- 2 15 ounce cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 small lemon (seeds removed, pulp optional)
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame paste, you can find it in the “international” aisle in the grocery store or more
- cheaply in a middle eastern specialty shop)
- 2 small or one large clove of garlic, finely grated
- Water to adjust consistancy
- Sweet hungarian paprika to garnish
- A strong blender or food processor.
1. Drain and wash the chickpeas, add to blender or food processor.
2. Add grated garlic, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, and about 2 tablespoons of water.
3. Puree until there are no whole chickpeas, and the hummus is a thick paste.
4. Remove from bowl of mixer and garnish with a sprinkle of paprika. You could drizzle some olive oil and toss some chopped tomatoes on top of it if you desire. Serve with pita bread!
Number of Servings: 14Nutritional Info
- Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 69.3
- Total Fat: 2.0 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 138.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
Nutrition FactsServings Per Recipe: 14Serving Size: 1 servingAmount Per Serving
- Calories 69.3
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 138.5 mg
- Potassium 9.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.1 g