ADVERTISEMENT ‧ CONTINUE READING BELOW
[ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1 can (16-ounces) crushed pineapple (reserved drained juice)**
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 boxes (3 ounces) of grape or berry-blue JELL-O gelatin (can substitute sugar-free JELL-O)*
- 1 can (16-ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, washed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Drain the pineapple juice into a one (1) cup measuring cup. Fill the rest of the cup to the top with boiling water.
- Pour the gelatin into the pineapple juice/boiling water mixture and stir until the crystals are completely dissolved. Add crushed pineapple and blueberry pie filling. Stir to combine.
- Pour the gelatin mixture into a 9- by 13-inch pan. Cover and refrigerate until firmly set. The salad can be ready to serve in 2 to 3 hours or leave overnight. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Approximately 30 minutes before serving, spread with the prepared creamed cheese topping until covered evenly. Garnish with fresh blueberries and chopped nuts. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for another 30 minutes before serving. Store gelatin desserts in a covered container to avoid the formation of a thick rubbery skin on the surface.
Cream Cheese Topping:
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese, softened and chopped into blocks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In the large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, and vanilla extract. With the electric mixer on medium speed. Whip together until smooth and creamy. Add more sugar to taste if needed.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in refrigerator until the above Blueberry Jell-O mixture is set. The topping can also be made right before you are ready to serve the salad.