Brown butter blondies are soft cookie bars with deep, nutty flavor. These healthier sweets are made with low carb almond flour and a plant-based, low glycemic sweetener. For extra rich flavor, they’re studded with dark chocolate.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups superfine almond flour
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Turn on oven to 325 F and grease a 9×9 inch square pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, and salt. Stir in egg, molasses, cooled browned butter and vanilla extract until well combined. Stir in half of chocolate chips.
- Press dough evenly into prepared pan and scatter remaining chocolate chips across the top.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until edges are brown and the middle is set and golden brown.
- Let bars cool completely before cutting into squares for serving.
Nutritional information compiled from the USDA database. Net carbs per serving = 2Coarse ground almond flour may be substituted for superfine almond flour.Any cup-for-cup sugar substitute can be used in place of erythritol.Use light or dark unsulphered molasses. Avoid blackstrap molasses unless you want a richer, less sweet blondie.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 83mg | Potassium: 77mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3.8% | Calcium: 6.2% | Iron: 4%
Weight Watchers Smart Points (based on Freestyle program) per bar = 7