ADVERTISEMENT ‧ CONTINUE READING BELOW
Calories 60; Total Fat 0g; Sat Fat g 0g; Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 190mg; Total Carb 10g; Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugar 4g; Protein 5g
- 5 organic egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the frosting
- 1 cup nonfat cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Fresh raspberries to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Place the egg whites in a large bowl and using a handheld mixer whip the whites on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes or until the whites begin to lighten up and hold their shape.
- Increase speed to high and whip in the salt and honey until the whites hold a soft peak, then add the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the yogurt.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl combine the flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the egg whites a little at a time, gently folding them in with a rubber spatula.
- Once fully incorporated, scoop the batter into cupcake tins lined with cupcake papers.
- Bake the cupcakes for 15 to 20 minutes or until they have colored and gently spring back when pushed with a finger.
- Remove from the oven and cool the cupcakes at room temp.
- While the cupcakes are baking, puree the raspberries in a blender until smooth.
- Pass through a fine mesh strainer into a small saucepot and cook over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until the puree reduces slightly.
- Cool completely.
- Place the cream cheese into a medium mixing bowl and fold the puree into the cream cheese until fully mixed.
- Once cupcakes are cool, spread a little of the berry frosting over the cupcakes, garnish each with one raspberry and serves.