ADVERTISEMENT ‧ CONTINUE READING BELOW
Nutritional Info Per Serving: 178 calories; 5 g fat; 81 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbs; 28 g protein; 0.3 g fiber; 299 mg sodium
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 3/4 cup canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 medium scallions, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or 1 dried chili, minced
- 1 lb uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups cooked white rice, kept hot
- In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger; set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallions, garlic, and pepper and cook 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until browned all over about 5 minutes.
- Add reserved sauce and simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through about 3 minutes.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice. Yields about 1 cup of chicken and sauce and 1/2 cup of rice per serving.