ADVERTISEMENT ‧ CONTINUE READING BELOW
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 5 cups chopped spinach, wilted
- 4 cups whole-grain bread, crusts removed if desired,
- cut into 1-inch cubes (about 1/2 pound, 4-6 slices)
- 1 cup diced ham steak, (5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers
- 3/4 cup shredded Gruyère, or Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Coat a 7-by-11-inch glass baking dish or a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites, and milk in a medium bowl. Add mustard, rosemary, and pepper; whisk to combine.
- Toss spinach, bread, ham and roasted red peppers in a large bowl. Add the egg mixture and toss well to coat.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish and push down to compact. Cover with foil.
- Bake until the custard has set, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and continue baking until the pudding is puffed and golden on top, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 Equal Servings
Weight Watchers SmartPoints+ = 8 per serving
286 Calories; 10 g Fat; 167 mg Cholesterol; 23 g Carbs; 23 g Protein; 4 g Fiber; 813 mg Sodium