ADVERTISEMENT ‧ CONTINUE READING BELOW
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 14 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Lemon Glaze Icing
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 -5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 300°F Sift flour into a dry mixing bowl. Sift sugar into a separate bowl and set both aside.
- Using a copper or stainless steel bowl, beat egg whites first until foamy.
- At this point add salt and cream of tartar if using stainless steel bowl and then beat egg whites to soft peaks.
- Gently fold in sugar with rubber spatula. Next, fold flour in to egg white and sugar mixture in 2 batches.
- Now, gently fold in vanilla, almond and lemon juice.
- When all has been incorporated, pour batter into a 10-inch non-stick tube pan and smooth out top.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour until cake is pale creamy brown color and top springs back when gently touched with finger and/or a wooden skewer comes out clean. Cool cake upside down in pan.
- When cool, remove cake from pan and frost with Lemon Glaze Icing
- To make the glaze: Sift sugar into a small bowl. Add lemon juice and beat until smooth.
- Drip, drizzle or pour icing on top of cake after it has cooled.
Makes 14 Equal Servings
Nutritional Info Per Serving: Calories 243, Total Fat 0.2 g, Protein 4.8 g, Carbs 56 g, Sodium 66 mg, Fiber 0.2 g