ADVERTISEMENT ‧ CONTINUE READING BELOW
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 15 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
- 46 oz. can tomato juice
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 cans pinto beans
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- In a stockpot, over medium heat, brown the meat with a little salt and pepper.
- Add water, just to cover by 1/2 an inch, and bring to boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- Return meat to pot – medium heat – and add the olive oil, celery, onions, chili powder, cumin, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato juice, tomato paste, water, and beans.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Makes 15 (1-cup) servings
Nutritional Info: Calories 232; Carbs 27g; Protein 21g; Fat 5.2g; Fiber 9g
6 SmartPoints Per Serving